Warm fraternal greetings from the East.
It was a pretty quiet week at Putnam #46. On Tuesday a couple of brothers traveled to visit with the brothers at Mossup Lodge 113 and on Thursday we had our usual Thursday evening get together. This week we have our first rehearsal for our February 20th EA degree with JW Mike Gibeault presiding in the East. I hope to see all the officers on Thursday as we prepare. This week we also look forward to our Ladies at Table event on Saturday evening the 13th. I am looking forward to a great evening as we celebrate our partners.
Once again, thanks to all the brothers who have already paid their 2016 dues. If you haven't already had the chance you can readily pay using PayPal by clicking here. Please consider adding $5 to your PayPal payment as the lodge loses money as we have to pay for this service and convenience.
Brothers, Corner Stone-Quinebaug Lodge 122 is in dire financial condition and their building needs a new roof cover. It would be great if we could show our support by participating in their next fund raiser, an all you can eat Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo buffet on Saturday, February 20th at 5:00 PM. The timing of this event is perfect in that we could have dinner with the brothers at Corner Stone and be back at lodge for our stated communication. Please let me know if you are able/interested in joining me and I will make the reservations.
Please keep in mind that we have a Chili Challenge scheduled for our March quarterly. Please let me know if you or your significant other plan on submitting your/their special Chili for this event. I'm guessing that ten would be the maximum contestants that we can accommodate so let me know soonest if you are in. More information below.
Please keep the upcoming dates in mind:
• Thursday Feb 11th, Rehearsal for the EA degree
• Saturday Feb 13th will be Ladies at Table.
• Thursday Feb 18th, final rehearsal for the EA degree
• Feb 20th Stated Communication , JW and SS/JS in charge of post meeting collation. There will be an EA degree performed with an exemplar with Mike in the East.
• At our March quarterly, 3/19, we will have our normal business meeting followed by an open Chili Challenge. It will be $10 to enter with the winner taking home the title and all the entry fees . Please let me know if you will be participating, all Masons and their significant others are welcome to enter and join us for what promises to be an exceptional Chili feast. The lodge will prepare and provide all the fixins to enhance your chili.
• Please let me know of other events not currently on this list that you would like to add.
Brothers, remember to do good to all men, be ye all of one mind, live in peace and may the God of peace dwell with and bless you and yours.
In friendship and brotherly love,